March 21, 2011

Anti-Bloat Jumpstart Day 2

Woke up and surprisingly didn't have that hangry stomach growl like I expected. It was my weekly Sunday weigh in. After walking the dogs, using the restroom, and getting undressed I stepped on the scale. Let me remind you, I have been sitting at 133.0 lbs for the past three months. I stepped on the scale and to my shock and amazement I saw 131.0 lbs! Two pounds down! That is amazing.
Maybe they are onto something with the Jumpstart meal plan formula and these so called MUFAs (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids). One thing I surely do not believe in is spot reduction. I do not believe that the diet will target belly fat alone.
To prove this point even further I took my measurements as well. Sure enough... inches lost in areas other than my belly.

Progress is progress and as long as that scale (and measurements) keeps moving in the right direction than I will continue to be giddy about any number reduction.

Day 2 seems to be going much much much better. I still have a slight cough and am still taking my prescribed steroids. I felt like I had more energy this morning which was a welcomed feeling since the past month I have felt like I was being dragged through the blackberry bushes in my birthday suit.

Breakfast held me over until lunch. I was satisfied enough to resist the urge to pick at itty bitty's pizza I made him for his lunch since he needed to eat before his nap. At first the sight and smell instantly triggered those "gotta have it" thoughts but after reminding myself of the progress I've made so far it wouldn't be worth undoing it.

Do I think a bite of pizza would have undone my progress so far? No. That's not the point. I've made a commitment to myself and my mama that I would stick this out and I have ever intention of doing so. To the T.

Following the Jumpstart to a T just plain sucks. From lunch to snack I'm hungry. From snack to dinner I'm hungry. After eating dinner I wasn't left satisfied and am still hungry. Thank goodness there is only two more days of this. Mr. Sideline Chef should be grateful he is on the road to avoid having to put up with my hangry feelings. I'm sure I'm a handful right now. At least I have the weigh ins to look forward to and getting to finally make all of these delicious looking recipes in the cookbook.
I will weigh in again after the 4 day Jumpstart is officially over and then go back to my once a week weigh ins. In the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook a claim is made that it is possible to lose up to "7 pounds and 5 inches in just 4 days." I want to be able to say how many I lost in my first 4 days. So far the total is 2 pounds. At the end of my 32 days I will post my before and after pictures and measurements.

2 days down, 30 to go!

4 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Congratulations on the 2 pounds! I think that is fabulous considering you're on steroids...keep up the good work :)

Chelle B said...

Lizzy - I don't think the weight dropping off quickly is very healthy but that it what people are usually after when they do diets. It's progress. Now just to keep it off. I can't wait for this course of steroids to be done. Three more days and then hopefully my lungs will be back to normal and I'll be able to walk without losing my breath. Thank you!

Jeanette said...

Hope you make a full recovery soon, it must be really hard to be on a diet when you're not feeling your best. Good luck!

Chelle B said...

Jeanette - Thank you for those well wishes. I think the meds are doing their job. Thankfully.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...